April


It was WONDERFUL to have General Conference the first week of Lizzy's life. We dressed her up for the first time to attend Conference in our office (you will notice the rest of us were wearing PJ's...) What could be more relaxing, rejuvinating, humbling, and happy-fying than holding a beautiful, week old, doll in a rocking chair while listening to General Conference for 8 hours.

The boys set up their tent in the office where our computer was, and we read in Mosiah about opening the doors of our tent to the prophet. Did they have animal crackers in 500bc?

Dad, Amanda and Seth came to visit the 2nd week in April. Boy, were they a life saver! I took 2-3 naps a day. Dad made every meal, breakfast, lunch, and dinner, they played with the boys a ton, gave Lizzy lots of love, and pampered me big time. At one point, Seth was giving me a hand massage, Amanda was painting my finger nails on the other hand, and dad was reading something to me, all at the same time! We had so much fun together, and I was VERY sad to see them go. So were the boys. Easter was wonderful this year! A highlight was coloring easter eggs (and fingers.. Peter chose the finger dipping method over the medal spoon.) We participated in the community Easter Egg Scramble. Boy was it that! The boys barely managed to each get one Easter Egg. James is already planning strategies for next year's scramble. So am I... not going, and doing our own at home w/ boiled eggs and NO candy!


The boys continue to love Elizabeth. Andrew is getting good at holding her for a few minutes at a time, just long enough for me to change a quick Peter diaper. They love to play 'conductor' where they wave her hands around while singing songs. Lizzy sleeps with her arms above her head probably 90 percent of the time. It is very cute.
Lizzy sleeps with her arms above her head probably 90 percent of the time. It is very cute.


a

2 comments:

Kristine said...

Awww I just want to snuggle up with your sweet baby!

thirdof11 said...

I love your conference idea. I may need to use it next year. Did I ever tell you that, without picking favorites of course, your family is my favorite in the whole world? - Angie