Baby Lizzy


Elizabeth Jane Boone


Our sweet little Lizzy Jane was born at
1:04am on March 28th. It was such a sweet experience getting here! It was a peaceful Sunday. It snowed all day, and when we got back from church, James built us a nice, warm fire. We all ended up falling asleep in the livingroom by the fire (except Peter, who was down stairs in his crib). Since we slept so late, we had a late dinner around 7:30, which James cooked. Apparently he had the touch, because I started having contractions during dinner. It was neat to be in labor at home with the boys. We had the lights off, and just our light wedge on (a flashlight for books), and James read the boys books for a long time. I just paced the floor over and over again. Peter held my hand and walked with me for a good 10 minutes. It was so cute! We called a friend, Tammy Asay, to come be with the boys while we left for the hospital. The drive was just so beautiful, all snowy and quiet. We checked into the hospital around11pm, and she came to us at 1:04am. She was WIDE awake for the first 2 hours. Even nursing, she stayed wide awake. She weighed 6 lbs 14oz, 19 1/2 inches long, the PERFECT size. It is just a treat to hold her every moment. It is so hard to lay her down. I couldn't get to sleep until 5:30am that morning, because I was just filled with such excitement and happiness to have a sweet little princess of my very own. James is such a wonderful dad already, although when he did a chest bump with her the other day, I had to remind him she is a GIRL. Andrew and Peter adore her! I was a little surprised by this. It sure is nice that the brothers have each other, so they don't feel so 'replaced.' The boys loved the jello in the hospital almost as much as their baby sister. Coming home from the hospital was wonderful. Andrew didn't leave the bedroom for a good hour. He watched intently as I nursed her the first time, but didn't ask any questions. He loves to throw her diapers away. Peter loves to give kisses to Lizzy Jane, and continues to point out body parts to us. "Oh! A nose a nose!" "Oh, a ear a ear!" It feels like our family is complete. We are so happy to have her in our family. James is taking good care of me, and our ward has been so incredible to help care for the boys and cook meals while James works half days. We just feel so blessed. Thank you so much for all of your prayers. We know they've been heard. We're so excited for my dad and sister Amanda and brother Seth to come in 9 days!












It's tradition for James to pick out the going home outfit. Andrew thought it was "so cute!"






17 comments:

Jaime said...

Abby, she is just so cute. I am so excited that you get to see how fun a little girl is now!!
Can't wait to meet her.

Lynette said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful!

Hansen Family said...

CONGRATS Abby! I am so excited for you! She is beautiful. And girls are such fun to dress up. Looks like you and I will be trading places- we'll be having our little boy on May 3rd if all goes to plan. :) Oh, and I LOVE the "big brother" "little sister" shirts. Such fun! We sure miss you around here. Congrats again!

Tammy said...

Maddy and I think that Lizzy is just perfect! She is the cutest thing ever!!! We love her outfits too.

Angie said...

Oh Abby, she is beautiful!!! And what a wonderful birthing story. I love that Peter held your hand as you paced the floor. That little girl will bring so much love into your little family. I'm excited to met her someday :)

Missy said...

Congrats! She is beautiful!

JB said...

Congrats! She is adorable! We all love the pictures...especially the girls:) we love you

JB said...

Brooklyn and Courtney say she is so cute! :)

Summer and family said...

Congratulations James and Abby! She is just so precious, I bet your boys are so cute with her. I am so happy for your family.

Deb said...

Abby and James she is just adorable and you look so at peace --She's here! Way to go Mom and Dad

Melissa said...

Yeah boone family! Welcome Lizzy! You are in a special family whom we love and miss. Congratulations guys!

Kristine said...

Congratulations!!! She is adorable and you look fantastic! Can't wait to meet all your sweet kids!

Adrienne said...

She is darling! I came here after reading Grandma and Grandpa's e-mail...so glad to know your baby girl arrived safe and sound. Your family is beautiful. We love you!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie said...

Congrats Abby! Hope you're feeling well. Can't wait to see that baby!

Jenny said...

Oh congratulations you guys! That is such great news.

jennybhill said...

I loved reading your story and thoughts. I had the same experience my first night with Courtney, just couldn't get enough of holding and looking at such a little angel. We are excited to meet Lizzy this summer!!